Version 4.05 Release Notes
Sketchpad Release 4.05 contains no new functionality, but addresses compatibility issues and bugs with the software and JavaSketchpad.
- Calculations no longer sometimes display with no name immediately after their labels are changed in Properties.
- The status line now displays up-to-date information, even during animation.
- Loci and function plots now do a better job of detecting discontinuities, so that a plot is less likely to bridge a discontinuity.
- Certain V3 sketches containing unsupported objects used to cause crashes when they were opened in V4. They now open successfully, though still without the unsupported objects.
- Revised Samples | Sketches | Geometry | Dot Paper.gsp (added missing dots).
- Function plots and loci no longer show incorrect vertical lines. These incorrect lines appeared only with high-quality anti-aliased graphics turned off.
- The Merge Text command is no longer enabled when the selected objects include a table.
- (Windows) After choosing from the font or font-size drop-down list while typing a caption, you no longer have to click in the caption to resume typing.
- (Windows) Arrowheads on dashed lines now appear correctly, without dashing.
- (Windows) The help system is now immediately available (with no need to navigate to it) when Sketchpad is run from a server.
- (Windows) Fixed a problem in which tables copied from Sketchpad and pasted into other applications as graphics could have caused problems in those other applications.
- (Windows) Points now print at their normal size, no matter what the printing scale is.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a problem in which saving a sketch to a shared folder on some other file systems (such as on a Windows server) could fail with a message that the disk is locked.
- (Mac) Iterated arc images now appear correctly in Print Preview and when copied and pasted into other programs.
- (Mac) Fixed occasional crashes when closing windows with the Motion Controller visible.
- (Mac) When there are no objects selected, you can no longer use the Text Palette to type a font size or pick a color.
- (Mac) Fixed compatibility issues anticipated in Mac OS 10.3.
- (JavaSketchpad) Fixed a problem in which sketches containing loci of points did not display correctly using the 4.04 release of the JSP applet.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
Back to Product Updates